Before you start
Note to Advisers: If your organisation is not yet set up, you'll be able to register for Unipass Letter of Authority (ULoA) and will become your organisations Administrator. If you think there’s someone more appropriate in your organisation to fulfil this role, they can register your organisation here. Once registered, your organisation’s Administrator(s) will be able to add users.
Note to Providers and Platforms: If you work for a provider or a platform and your business has not yet signed up to use the ULoA service, please get in touch with David Hall. If your organisation is already set up on ULoA, your organisation's ULoA Administrator(s) will need to add you as a user.
Before you start, make sure you've got a Unipass Identity, you'll need one to use ULoA. If you don't, you can apply here for free.
How to send your first LoA using Unipass Letter of Authority:
We’re delighted that LV= are signed up to receive pension LoAs digitally through ULoA, and we are currently working to onboard all major providers.
To get started with ULoA, just follow these 5 steps:
1. Add your firm’s address and contact details in the Teams menu and add any colleagues via the Users menu (See details in the User Guide)
2. Create a new request in the system by entering your client’s name, address etc.
3. Enter details of all their policies that you need information on (Pensions, Investments or Protection)
4. Upload authorising signatures from the client (and any additional signatories required)
5. Click, ‘Submit’ - if the policy provider accepts requests via our service, they will receive them through ULoA instantaneously. For providers yet to sign-up, you’ll be presented with a neat request pack you can send securely by email e.g Unipass Mailock or by post.
To help with your first request we have created a short video guide.
Join the Letter of Authority revolution! Register and be one of the first to submit an LoA via Unipass Letter of Authority.