Terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the following:
1. The use of the world wide web pages of Origo Services Limited (co. reg. no. 115061) ("Origo" or "we") at ("this website and its subdomains");
2. The use of the following online services of Origo available from this website and its subdomains: all blogs, news, press releases, and Meeting Groups (such services each being "Online Services"); and
3. The use by Origo and its subsidiaries and other third parties of the data collected via this website and its subdomains.
Any use of any part of this website and its subdomains shall constitute your agreement to abide by these Terms and Conditions. You should carefully read these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all or any of these Terms and Conditions, please leave this website or its subdomains immediately and refrain from using any of the online services available from this website and its subdomains.
For the avoidance of doubt, separate terms and conditions apply to all other services of Origo and its subsidiaries (including without limitation Unipass Identity, Unipass Mailock, Unipass Letter of Authority, Data Matching, Origo Transfer Service, Origo Integration Hub, and Agency Services). If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and these services, then the applicable terms and conditions of these services shall apply.
Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to "Paragraph" shall refer to a paragraph of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Intellectual Property Rights: The copyright, database rights, and all other intellectual property rights in information and material on this website and its subdomains are owned by or licensed to Origo and protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, international copyright treaties, and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. You may not copy or republish any such material or information in any manner without the prior written consent of Origo or its licensor. You may not remove any product identification, copyright notices or legends or other notices or proprietary restrictions from any of the information or material contained on this website and its subdomains. Any unauthorised downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of this website and its subdomains may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. All rights not expressly granted herein are expressly reserved by Origo and its licensors.
2. Trade Marks: 'ORIGO' and the fan logo are United Kingdom registered trade marks of Origo. In addition, 'ORIGO SERVICES', 'ORIGO TRANSFER SERVICE', 'ORIGO INTEGRATION HUB', 'DATA MATCHING', 'UNIPASS AGENCY MANAGEMENT', 'UNIPASS IDENTITY', 'UNIPASS MAILOCK', 'UNIPASS LETTER OF AUTHORITY' and certain other names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs used on the pages of this website and its subdomains constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Origo or its subsidiaries. The display of any of the above trade names or trade marks on pages at this website and its subdomains does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names, devices, logos, icons, graphics, or designs referred to on the pages of this website and its subdomains are the trade marks of the respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as intended to be for the benefit of such trade mark owners and Origo intends no infringement of such trade marks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages, or other websites on this website and its subdomains does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Origo. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Origo.
3. Unauthorised Access: Certain web pages on this website and its subdomains require a valid and appropriate digital certificate, password and/or further payment. Any use or attempted use of such web pages without obtaining the required digital certificate, password and/or making the required payment without the prior written permission of Origo is unlawful and could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
4. Disclaimer: The information, materials, functions and Online Services contained in this website and its subdomains, including text, graphics, links or other items, are provided on an "as is" basis without any warranty or representation (express or implied). To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Origo disclaims all warranties, representations, understandings whatsoever, express or implied, specifically including but not limited to warranties of accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses and non-infringement of third parties' rights. Furthermore, Origo does not warrant or represent that Online Services will be error free nor that any such errors will be corrected. You are solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the rectification, repair, loss or damage caused by such errors. Access to this website and its subdomains is permitted on a temporary basis, and Origo reserves the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on this website and its subdomains without notice. Origo will not be liable if for any reason this website and its subdomains are unavailable at any time or for any period.
5 Limitation and Exclusion of Liability:
5.1 Subject to Paragraph 5.4, Origo shall not be liable to you or any other party for any liability, loss or damage whatsoever (including any costs and expenses), howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with or arising pursuant to or resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of all or any part of (i) this website and its subdomains, its operation or transmission or otherwise in respect of the use of all or any part of this website and its subdomains, (ii) the Online Services (whether or not caused by the negligence of Origo, its employees, agents, subcontractors or representatives), except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law.
5.2 Without prejudice to Paragraph 5.1, Origo hereby expressly excludes all liability whatsoever for any:
5.2.1 indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage;
5.2.2 direct or indirect loss of profit, turnover, business revenue, contracts, goodwill, reputation, anticipated savings; or
5.2.3 loss of management time or data, work stoppage, increased costs of working, computer failure or malfunction including, without prejudice to the foregoing, any loss or damage arising from or pursuant to any transmission of any computer virus, worm, Trojan Horse or other contaminants which may arise out of, or in connection with, the use of all or any part of this website and its subdomains, the Online Services, or their downloading and/or Use, howsoever caused, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and/or Origo shall have been advised of the possibility of such liability, loss or damage.
5.3 Without prejudice to Paragraphs 5.1 and 5.2, and subject to Paragraph 5.4, the total liability of Origo arising out of or in connection with this website and its subdomains or the Online Services for any incident or series of incidents (whether or not connected) shall not exceed the value of any sums paid by you for downloads or the sum of £1 where you do not pay any fee.
5.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit either party's liability to the other for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence or that of its employees, agents, sub-contractors or representatives or for breach of any obligations implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 which liability shall not be limited.
5.5 Each limitation provided in this Paragraph 5 is to be construed as a separate exclusion or limitation applying and surviving even if, for any reason, one or other of the said provisions is held inapplicable or unreasonable in any circumstance.
5.6 You acknowledge that you have considered this Paragraph 5 and agree that the limitations and exclusions herein are reasonable in all the circumstances.
6. Linking: By virtue of hypertext or other computer links you may be able to access other website pages on the internet which are not part of this website and its subdomains. Origo is not responsible for nor assumes any liability for the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to any part of this website and its subdomains. Origo shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Origo's web pages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with applicable laws and regulations as may be from time to time in force. The provision by Origo of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Origo to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Origo of the material held there. You are not permitted to frame, page-jack, or link to any other page of this website and its subdomains. You are not permitted to use any robot, spider, other automatic devices, or manual process to monitor or copy this website and its subdomains or the content expressed herein.
7. Website Operation: Origo operates this website and its subdomains from the United Kingdom and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
8. Login Details & Passwords etc: If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password, digital certificate or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. Origo has the right to disable or restrict access to any user identification code, password or digital certificate, whether chosen by you or allocated by or on behalf of Origo, at any time, if in Origo's opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
9. Blogs / interactive services: Origo reserves the right at its sole discretion (using human moderation) not to post any blogs which have been submitted to Origo for posting on this website and its subdomains. However, Origo are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any blogs or other interactive services which Origo provides on this website and its subdomains, and Origo expressly excludes all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any blogs or other interactive service by a user in contravention of Origo's content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Where Origo does moderate an interactive service, then should a concern or difficulty arise in relation to such service then please contact Origo at email@example.com.
10. Cookies: Some websites use "cookies" which are text only strings of information that the website you are visiting transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. Their purpose is to identify users and to enhance the user's experience by customising web pages. A cookie will usually contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, an expiry date for the cookie, and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number. For more information about how to manage and disable cookies visit
We use this information to make improvements to the site and make your web browsing experience more enjoyable.
11. Amendments: Origo reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or otherwise vary these Terms and Conditions and the web pages of this website and its subdomains. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions each time you visit this website and its subdomains.
12. Contacting Us: Our contact details are:
Origo Services Limited
7 Lochside View
V.A.T. Reg. No. 593 0614 38
Phone:- +44 (0) 131 451 5181
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website and its subdomains.
If you have any questions concerning these Terms and Conditions please write to Origo at the address set out above.
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are expressly reserved by Origo.